For the most up-to-date information on scheduled activities, please call the parish office at 202-363-4119. If the automated attendant answers the phone, select option 9.
During periods of inclement weather, a liberal leave policy will be in effect for staff. So, while the parish may be open, individual activities, meetings, etc. may still be cancelled due to a staff member’s inability to get safely to the church. It’s best to call the parish office for current information.
On weekdays, St. Columba’s follows the DC Public Schools. If they are closed, the parish is closed and all activities are cancelled (same for delayed openings). All activities scheduled before the delayed opening time are cancelled. All activities beginning after the delayed opening time will occur as scheduled.
On Sundays, while individual activities (Forum, Sunday School, meetings, etc.) might be canceled, worship services will occur as scheduled (except in very extreme conditions) and parishioners are asked to use their best judgment as to whether they can safely get to church. Call for the most up-to-date operational information.
4201 Albemarle Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016
For staff and other directories, click Quicklinks in the top right corner of your screen.
September through May:
Mon. through Thurs.,
9 am to 5 pm
Fri., 9 am to 4 pm
June through August:
Mon. through Fri.,
9 am to 4 pm.
Please note that clergy are generally off on Fridays.
To find us, scroll to the bottom of any page and click the Facebook icon.
We welcome all to take part in our worship and the life of this community. There are many ways to participate and although we would very much like you to join, official membership is not a requirement.
What it means to be a member of St. Columba’s:
• Regularly attend worship;
• Make an annual stewardship pledge in support of our life and mission;
• Offer yourself in service and take part in opportunities for ministry and outreach;
• Grow in faith through prayer and study and take part in opportunities offered by the parish for lifelong learning and formation.
While membership is not a requirement, we do believe that it is an important part of living and growing in faith. Membership at St. Columba’s is open to any baptized Christian who registers his or her name with us by following these steps:
• Completing the online member registration form or contacting our Welcome Team to provide this basic information for our rolls. If you prefer to complete a paper copy and mail it in you can also download a PDF version of our membership form here.
• Those who have been members of another Episcopal church before coming to St. Columba’s should request a letter of transfer from the rector or member of the clergy there. Episcopal parishes provide a standard form for this.
Photo: Barbara McGowan