September 26, 2018
Part-Time Position Announcement
St. Columba’s Episcopal Church - Washington, D.C.
St. Columba’s seeks a talented and versatile part-time communications assistant able to help support the communications director in a range of print, web and social media communication tasks. St. Columba’s is located in upper northwest Washington, DC, just 2 blocks from the Tenleytown metro station and American University bus line. It is the largest parish in the Diocese of Washington, both a neighborhood church and a community hub of special events. Children and youth are at the heart of our community, with a nursery school, active Sunday School and Journey to Adulthood youth programs. St. C’s supports over 35 outreach ministries, including those focusing on the homeless, the environment and racial justice, as well as a comprehensive adult education program. For more information visit our website, Columba.org.
St. Columba’s is searching for a part-time Communications Assistant whose responsibilities might include:
- Assist the director of communications in the planning and production of parish communications delivered via print, web and social media.
- Produce the weekly Sunday Wrapper, a four-page Bulletin insert created in InDesign.
- Produce a weekly PowerPoint slideshow for our display monitors.
- Help create/maintain content for the website and Face Book pages that is fresh, up-to-date and integrated with other parish communications.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite design software, other e-mail marketing and social media platforms;
- Excellent grammar and attention to detail;
- Ability to work both independently, and in collaboration with others;
- Experience with video and photography are a plus;
- Willingness to learn on the job and gain valuable experience.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Salary: $12-15/hour (or commensurate with experience)
Send resumé and the contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
No phone calls, please.
Download job description (PDF)