Vestry Stewardship Statement
“Together In Hope,” the theme of this year’s stewardship campaign, reflects our shared hopefulness and renewed commitment to our mission to Live God’s Love. Faced with the challenges, disruptions and losses associated with the pandemic, we came together during the past year to care for one another and those in our larger community. To respond to societal inequities we launched our Family Homelessness Initiative and Anti-Racism Task Force. We accomplished long-standing projects, including the renovation of our Children and Youth Ministries and the completion of our newly refurbished Nave. Through this experience, we’ve grown stronger, more creative, and more resilient than ever before. While some of the impacts of the pandemic are still with us, we’re creating new opportunities to worship, gather, and serve the ongoing and new needs in our community. We need to build on this momentum to meet the new opportunities before us. Abundantly blessed with God’s love, we ask all to prayerfully consider their gift and their personal capacity to increase their giving to St. Columba’s this year. As we come “Together In Hope,” may we be inspired to give generously. The Vestry invites parishioners to join us in making the commitment described below.
- That our lives, our blessings, and all that we have are gifts from God;
- That as good stewards of God’s creation, and out of gratitude for His abundance, we are invited to give a portion of our gifts – of time, talent, and treasure – for God’s work in the world;
- That being generous with what we have received acknowledges God’s generosity to us and is an integral part of our spiritual growth;
- That learning to be generous takes time and practice, and that we are helped by setting goals for ourselves;
- That what we give should be determined after prayerful consideration and reflection.
We commit ourselves:
- To establish personal goals for our own giving of time, talent and treasure;
- To make an annual pledge to St. Columba’s Episcopal Church;
- To determine our pledge as a percentage of our income, i.e. “proportional giving”;
- To strive to increase the percentage of our income that is given as a pledge toward the biblical standard of tithing 10% of our annual income, and
- To make our annual pledge to St. Columba’s Episcopal Church: (a) an increase in amount over our previous year’s percentage; (b) an increase in percentage over previous year’s percentage; or (c) our largest charitable contribution of the year
- All parishioners to join us in our commitment as they prayerfully set their own stewardship goals as they are able;
- All parishioners to join us in our enthusiastic support of the ministry of God in making their pledge to St. Columba’s Episcopal Church.